Do you remember when you thought you were getting a treat or if you were given mac and cheese as a reward? We all grew up thinking this was the very best food on the planet. We have taken the first ever comfort food and brought it to the table once again to be enjoyed by the “Grown Ups”.
- 4 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 12 oz package of bacon
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 lbs diced Hatch Green Chile flame roasted, hand peeled - your choice of variety - heat
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pint whipping cream 2 cups
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese cubed
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese cubed
- 1 tbsp flour
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles, and cook according to directions on the package. When totally cooked, rinse and drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, fry the bacon and diced onion over medium heat until the bacon is crispy. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel and the onion to a separate bowl. Blot off excess grease from the bacon with a second paper towel, then crumble the bacon into a second bowl.
- Combine the butter and whipping cream in a large sauce pan and heat through over low heat until the butter has melted. Add the sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheese cubes then stir consistently. Once all the cheese has melted, stir in Flour and mix well. Stir in the Hatch Green Chile and increase heat bringing the sauce to a boil and remove from heat.
- Combine the macaroni noodles, half the bacon, onions, and cheese sauce; stir until the pasta is evenly coated. Serve immediately, garnished with the remaining crumbled bacon.
Share this Recipe